Saturday, February 28, 2009

Sebelius finally gets some Obama lovin'


After being an Obama groupie for over a year now, Sebelius finally got a little lovin' with an HHS nomination today.

I can't say that I'm thrilled for the governor. While I'm happy she's leaving Kansas (hell, I'd help her pack the U-Haul), she's potentially going to be in a position where she can harm not just people in Kansas but the whole nation. Her government-fits-all solutions are not what we need right now. To the rest of the nation, from the bottom of my heart, I'm so very sorry what we've given you.

On the bright side, I can't wait for the Senate confirmation hearings. I'd like to know which Senators are going to be on the committee. Even liberals have reported that her nomination was being held up because of her ties to George Tiller. I can't wait to hear some of the questions that'll be thrown to her. Kind of sucks when you don't have the Kansas press to hide behind, doesn't it?

Oh, and don't worry about that budget thing. We knew you had no idea how to clean up your own mess anyway.

1 comment:

- Dan said...

Now that Parkinson will be governor, will he switch back to being a Republican?
Doubtful. But at least he shouldn't be a total liberal like Sebelius.