Friday, April 10, 2009

Wasinger brings in the bucks as campaign manager

Well, how about a good inaugural post just to let everyone know I'm still here and still writing about the first district race?

As Kansas Jackass noted, Rob was paid pretty well as chief of staff to Sen. Brownback. But there was something missing from that picture, and that's what he was paid to run Sen. Brownback's Presidential campaign.

According to opensecrets.org, Rob was paid various amounts between December 2006 and August 2007 totaling over $130,000. Quite a bit of cash, no?

Annualized, that works out to over $170,000.

That also works out to about $59.31 per vote that he was able to wrangle for the Ames, Iowa straw poll.

Nothing wrong with it. If I could get the gig, I would. Just interesting in light of discussing his congressional salary.

I'd be interested to know what Huelskamp made last year as a legislator. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say it wasn't $170,000.

No comments: