Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Huelskamp takes aim at Wasinger camp with another endorsement

David Bossie and Citizens United endorsed Sen. Huelskamp today. After the Peterjohn endorsement yesterday, I'm pretty sure this one is a clear shot across the Wasinger bow. Bossie has written two books, Intelligence Failure: How Clinton's National Security Policy Set the Stage for 9/11 and The Many Faces of John Kerry. The challenge, so to speak, came with this description of Bossie:
In 2008, Bossie was a major fundraiser for Senator Fred Thompson's presidential campaign.
I don't know if that means that Rob was in contact with Bossie and he just refused to support him or if Rob just wasn't able to snow him into an early endorsement like Thompson. It is curious to note that the spring has dried up for Rob in regard to national support and the well of first district support seems to still be closed.

The Hutchinson News has an article up today detailing the western Kansas legislative endorsements of Dick Kelsey. I like Sen. Kelsey and I think he does a fine job as a legislator. I'm never worried he's going to vote the wrong way, but as I previously discussed, I just don't think he's right for this open seat.

The article notes Huelskamp hasn't pursued any legislator's endorsements just yet, which I think is the right thing to do. After all, he still has to work with everyone through one more session. I'm somewhat disappointed the article didn't mention Wasinger's inability to get a single dime from the first district, but I guess no one is perfect!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Who?