Friday, May 1, 2009

Jenkins to deliver Republican response Saturday

Rep. Lynn Jenkins will deliver the Republican weekly response this Saturday. She plans to focus on fiscal issues and the out of control spending Washington continues to engage in.

What an opportunity for the state of Kansas and Rep. Jenkins. I'm looking forward to a well thought out, vibrant response. That would be in contrast to the last time a Kansas politician made a response on national television.

Video of the address will be on her website later Saturday.

Rep. Jenkins has been a stand out star for the GOP in just her first term. No one has been more vocal about the out of control spending going on than Jenkins.

When it came to fiscal issues, I had serious concerns about Jenkins during the campaign. Her past history of voting for sales tax increases as a state Representative made me rethink whether she was the strong fiscal conservative she claimed to be. I'm happy to say I was wrong.

No comments: